At Avenue A Publications, the privacy and protection of personal data is treated with the utmost seriousness. Our privacy statement sets out the data protection practices currently in place within the company. This statement applies to all Avenue A Publications-branded websites.
We fully endorse and adhere to the principles of the Data Protection Acts 1998 and 2003. Specifically, we state that we will:
- Obtain and process information fairly.
- Keep it only for one or more specified, explicit and lawful purpose.
- Use and disclose it only in ways compatible with these purposes.
- Keep it safe and secure.
- Keep it accurate, complete and up to date.
- Ensure that it is adequate, relevant and not excessive.
- Retain it for no longer than is necessary for the specified purpose or purposes.
- Provide an individual with a copy of his/her personal data on their written request.
Personal Information We May Collect
When you access our website or stay in one of our hotels, you may provide us voluntarily with certain information about yourself (“personally identifiable information”) so we are able to provide you with a particular service. Such information may include but is not limited to details such as your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, credit card number, passport number, room preference, names and ages of children, gender and other lifestyle information that will assist us in personalizing your stay.
Why We Collect Your Personal Information
Information we collect on the website and throughout your stay may be used to enhance your experience in the following ways:
- Confirm your hotel reservations.
- E-mail you in advance of your stay to make preparations.
- Request your evaluation of a hotel via a satisfaction survey.
- Send you correspondence relating to your hotel stay.
- Bill your credit card for Advance Purchase Reservations and Advance Deposits.
- Respond to your customer-service inquiries or requests.
- Communicate special offers and news of Avenue A Publications to you, if you choose to receive such notices.
- To understand your needs and preferences, maintaining a record so we can better serve and surprise and delight our guests.
- To add to our guest profile information so no matter where you travel within the Avenue A Publications family, you will be recognized.
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements.
When and With Whom May We Share Your Information
In most cases, the information you provide is added to a local database and then uploaded to a global database for Avenue A Publications. In the course of processing your information, it may be necessary to transfer your information to other hotels within Avenue A Publications, their affiliates and/or third party service providers for the purposes outlined within this Privacy Statement. As a general practice, Avenue A Publications does not sell, rent, or give physical possession of your information to unaffiliated third parties outside Avenue A Publications. The parties that information is shared with are contractually prohibited from using personally identifiable information for any purpose other than for the purpose specified by Avenue A Publications.
This site uses the Secure Sockets Layer protocol to protect your online transaction. Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) is a security protocol that provides communications privacy over the internet. This allows your computer to communicate with our server in a way that is designed to prevent tampering or message forgery. Your credit card number is also “one-way” encrypted as it enters our databases. We will take all reasonable care to keep the details of your order and credit card information secure. We will not be liable for any losses you may suffer as a result of unauthorized access by a third party to the information transmitted by you when making reservations at our website.
Cookie Usage and Storage
We do not store any personal or traceable customer information in the cookies that we use. Additionally, all our cookie data is encrypted to prevent third parties from accessing the information they contain. Each cookie we set lasts only for the duration of each visit.